PanGas becomes Linde Gas
21 September 2023 09:31
PanGas AG based in Dagmersellen in the canton of Lucerne will assume the name Linde Gas Schweiz AG at the start of the new year. According to a press release, the name change aims to highlight the close collaboration and sense of affiliation to the parent company Linde plc with headquarters in Dublin. The announcement states that the step is a milestone in the joint history of PanGas and Linde. The company was originally founded by Arnolf Gmür and Carl von Linde in 1909 under the name Sauerstoff- und Wasserstoff-Werke AG Luzern. It then changed its name to PanGas in 1984.
Roger Britschgi, Managing Director of PanGas, commented in the press release: “The name change to Linde Gas Schweiz AG will further strengthen the company. Linde is an internationally recognized brand, especially in the field of clean energy encompassing hydrogen and decarbonization technologies. The company now also plans to benefit from this excellent reputation in Switzerland to open up new business opportunities.”
The gas laboratories produce high-purity gas, special gas, and gas mixtures as well as medical gases and dry ice at the headquarters in Dagmarsellen. The company also operates a cylinder filling facility and has additional locations in Winterthur, Vufflens-la-Ville in the canton of Vaud, and Riazzino in the canton of Ticino. Furthermore, PanGas operates a network of specialist stores across Switzerland under the name Gas and more.
Linde is an international company specializing in industrial and special gases with annual sales of 33 billion US dollars. According to the information it has provided, it is increasingly focusing on sustainability and decarbonization. ce/ww