OnlineDoctor wins Health-i Award

13 September 2022 13:38

Related partners


Supporting partner

St.Gallen - OnlineDoctor has won the Health-i Award presented by Techniker Krankenkasse and the Handelsblatt Media Group in the Companies category. With this award, the jury recognizes the telemedicine start-up as a pioneer in the field of digital healthcare.

The Hamburg-based health insurance fund Techniker Krankenkasse and the Handelsblatt Media Group from Düsseldorf have chosen the St.Gallen start-up OnlineDoctor as the winner of their joint Health-i Award. According to a press release, with this award in the Companies category, the jury recognizes the digital offering from OnlineDcotor. Other categories in which prizes are awarded include New Projects and Start-ups.

The services offered by OnlineDoctor enable people with skin diseases to receive an online diagnosis and recommendations for treatment from a dermatologist of their choice within an average of seven hours. To this end, patients upload three photos of the affected part of their body and answer questions about their skin problem from a smart chat assistant.

This means that 85 percent of the queries can be processed and closed fully digitally. For the remaining 15 percent, patients must attend an appointment at a doctor’s surgery in person after the online consultation. OnlineDoctor provides patients with a follow-up appointment within the space of five days on average. According to the press release, the company’s services are particularly suitable for diagnostics, wound and progress monitoring as well as for triage of acute cases.

The tele-dermatology company was founded in 2016 by the dermatologist Paul Scheidegger and the two health business experts Tobias Wolf and Philipp S. F. Wustrow. Around 650 dermatologists are currently working with the platform. Pharmacies and hospitals also use the pro app from OnlineDoctor to consult on skin problems.

Supporting partner

Swiss Pavilion Digital