Vögeli launches online shop for sustainable print products
29 January 2024 09:25
Vögeli AG Marketingproduktion & Druck has recently launched a new online shop. With this, the printing firm from Langnau im Emmental in the canton of Bern is seeking to simplify access to 100 percent sustainably produced Cradle to Cradle-certified print products.
“We have noticed that there is sometimes a barrier that stops people coming to us for simple print products that could potentially be produced more cost-effectively”, as Renato Vögeli, owner and Managing Director, comments in the press release. Some customers ordered “high-quality and important products such as their company magazine or annual report from us, while opting to shop somewhere online for smaller, less crucial things like flyers, cards and stationery, or business cards”, he adds.
Vögeli decided to make sure it was able to offer this service. After all, nature does not really care whether the products are a key communications channel for a company or simply a smaller, less important order. With a limited range and selection of paper, comprising only the most sustainable papers of course, the company can offer bundled productions, which makes it possible to sell the products in the online shop at a lower price.
The printing firm is the first in Switzerland to offer Cradle to Cradle certified print products, and was even the first such company in the world to feature this seal of quality when it was awarded the Cradle to Cradle gold standard certification back in 2019. In a short video, Vögeli explains that paper certified in this way means that both the pulp, which makes up around 70 percent of the total volume, as well as the inks and additives, which account for the remaining 30 percent and would otherwise remain left over as a sort of toxic slurry, can be recycled and even used as fertilizer. ce/mm